You can email us at BondWithESAC@gmail.com for any queries, comments and suggestions

Sunday 12 October 2014

Dear Canossians,

I have been deliberating for sometime whether I should put up this post.  I am now convinced that I must share my experience with all of you.

My visit to the mission station of the Canossians at Shrirampur, Maharashtra, on 21st September 2014.

Being invited by my Religion Teacher, Sr. Fatima Rebello  for the silver jubilee of their Insitute, I gladly accepted the same.  Not being able to travel alone, I requested Pamela, Secretary of the Ex Students Association of Canossa Mahim to accompany me.  She very graciously accepted the same.

At one time this mission station was to be shut down.  Sr. Sheila, the Superior took up the challenge and believe it or not, she has made it work.  With little or no income, Sr. Sheila started with the Kindergarden School, graduated to Teacher's Training Course (through Karnataka University) and then to the English Speaking Classes conduced by Sr. Fatima.  With this generation of income, the Mission station is able to sustain itself.

It did give me great joy to attend the function, which was so well organised ( I have to pull up my socks as far as the Organisation skills) and to over 500 people were served lunch.

At the Eucharist, we had the couples who were not officially blessed with the Sacrament of Marriage, living in far off villages, brought at the Table of the Lord and blessed and exchanged rings.  This was a ceremony beyond me, to see even very old couples with grand children exchanging rings.

The Sisters of Shriramput alongwith their Superior Sr. Sheila visit the remote villages everyday, teaching them basic cleanliness, duties towards their families and how they can support each other, financially and otherwise.

Any of you wanting to visit this mission station could get in touch with me or Sr. Fatima Rebello, and I am sure we will only be too happy to welcome you.

Gregorina Mitra

No comments: